Update 4-11-23: The course has been modified slightly to accommocate an event at Lyon Park. See the revised map below.
|LIVE RACE||Virtual Race|
|Date:||April 15||April 15-30|
Clarendon United Methodist Church
How does this work? Here's the process:
- Register on line.
- You may switch from the Live Race to the Virtual Race until registration closes at midnight on Tuesday, April 11. (Send an e-mail request to ArlingtonBunnyHop@gmail.com.)
- Pick up your t-shirt and bib at packet pickup:
- Thursday April 13: 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday April 14: 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday morning: 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Complete the Live Race as described below. Your results will be available 30 minutes after your finish.
- If you complete a Virtual 5K any time between April 15 and April 30 and post your results to the registration website (instructions forthcoming). Please make sure you observe social distancing! You will receive a completion certificate when you post your results.
Regardless of which race you choose, you will be supporting worthy Arlington charities. Remember, together, we can help make Arlington a better place for all!
Live Road Race
The Live Race will start at 8:00 a.m. on N. Irving Street between 6th and 7th Streets.
You may run or walk your personal virtual race any time and any safe place you choose.
COVID-19 Rules and Requirements: By registering for this event, participants agree to abide by all COVID-19 rules, requirements and other safety guidelines issued by the event, county, and the state. In accordance with CDC and Virginia guidelines, participants who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a face mask prior to the start of the race and at the conclusion of the race.
Why would I want to run a "virtual race?" Because it’s a good alternative to a “live” race on the trail. Also, to help us meet our dual goals of supporting our local charities and having a fun, family-friendly event. Help us and our beneficiaries push through these challenging times and continue the Bunny Hop tradition in the years ahead. Here are several good things about a virtual race. You can:
- Run, jog or walk almost any place you choose--on the road, on a trail, on a treadmill, or on a track or even at another race,
- Run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself,
- Test your new gear or race snacks,
- Challenge yourself with a little faster pace in a quiet environment,
- Make this a fun family event --no parking, crowd or weather issues since you pick your own time and place,
- Bring your pets, they need exercise too,
- And you will have the satisfaction of validating your t-shirt and medal.
Certified courses in Arlington including two in Bluemont Park can be found at https:certifiedroadraces.com/search. Otherwise use any convenient place and measuring device to run 3.1 miles. This website will help you plan and measure your own course.