The Arlington Bunny Hop 5K is now a VIRTUAL 5K! If you have already registered, you have been automatically registered for the Virtual 5K. If you haven’t registered yet, registration for the VIRTUAL 5K is now open. Registration closes at noon on June 30, online only.
When: Saturday, June 13 - June 30
Where: Virtually anywhere you choose, but a suggested couse is available below.
Who: Competitive runners, fitness/frequent runners, joggers/recreational runners & walkers/strollers.
Why would I want to run a "virtual race?" To help us meet our dual goals of supporting our local charities and having a fun, family-friendly event. Also help us and our beneficiaries push through these challenging times and continue the Bunny Hop tradition in the years ahead. Here are several good things about a virtual race. You can:
- Run, jog or walk almost any place you choose--on the road, on a trail, on a treadmill, or on a track or even at another race,
- Run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself,
- Test your new gear or race snacks,
- Challenge yourself with a little faster pace in a quiet environment,
- Make this a fun family event --no parking, crowd or weather issues since you pick your own time and place,
- Bring your pets, they need exercise too,
- And you will have the satisfaction of validating your t-shirt and medal.
And of course, you will be supporting worthy Arlington charities. Remember, together, we can help make Arlington a better place for all!
A very convenient and safe course in Arlington’s Bluemont Park is suggested. A map and description of this certified course can be found below. And, OBTW, the second half is downhill! Additional certified courses in Arlington can be found at https: certifiedroadraces.com/search. Otherwise use any convenient place and measuring device to run 3.1 miles. This website will help you plan and measure your own course.
How does this work? Here's the process:
- Register on line. If you have already registered, you have been automatically registered for the Virtual 5K. (Guaranteed t-shirt size deadline is May 25.)
- Pick up your t-shirt, bib and medal at packet pickup:
- Thursday June 11: 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday June 12: 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday June 13: 8:00 a.m. to Noon
- Complete the Virtual 5K any time between June 13 and June 30 and post your results to the registration website (instructions forthcoming). Please make sure you observe social distancing!
- You will receive a completion certificate when you post your results.