The Arlington Bunny Hop 5K for 2021 will feature two races. If you haven’t registered yet, registration for either race is now open. Registration closes at midnight on Tuesday, June 8, online only.
REGISTERATION IS OPEN
|Staggered Start Race||Virtual Race|
|Date:||June 12||June 12-20|
|Place:||W&OD Trail, Bluemont Park||Anywhere|
|Time:||8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||Anytime|
How does this work? Here's the process:
- Register on line. (Guaranteed t-shirt size deadline is May 23.)
- You may switch from the Staggered Start Race to the Virtual Race until registration closes at midnight on Tuesday, June 8. (Send an e-mail request to ArlingtonBunnyHop@gmail.com.)
- Pick up your t-shirt and bib at packet pickup:
- Thursday June 10: 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday June 11: 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Complete the Staggered Start race as described below. Your results will be posted to the website on Sunday, June 13.
- Complete the Virtual 5K any time between June 12 and June 20 and post your results to the registration website (instructions forthcoming). Please make sure you observe social distancing! You will receive a completion certificate when you post your results.
Regardless of which race you choose, you will be supporting worthy Arlington charities. Remember, together, we can help make Arlington a better place for all!
Staggered Start Race
The Staggered Start race will start near the Bluemont Park parking lot (entrance at 325 Manchester St., see map below.) Participants should remain in their cars until their assigned start time nears. Walk toward the start point just north (upstream) of the parking lot. Observe social distancing (individually or in communal groups) by waiting next to one of the cones leading to the start point. You will start the race in one minute intervals. The course map can be found below.
You may run or walk your personal virtual race any time and any safe place you choose.
COVID-19 Rules and Requirements: By registering for this event, participants agree to abide by all COVID-19 rules, requirements and other safety guidelines issued by the event, county, and the state. In accordance with CDC and Virginia guidelines, all participants are required to wear a face mask prior to the start of the race and at the conclusion of the race. Additionally, participants MUST carry a face mask on their person at all times during the race.
Why would I want to run a "virtual race?" Because it’s a good alternative to a “live” race on the trail. Also, to help us meet our dual goals of supporting our local charities and having a fun, family-friendly event. Help us and our beneficiaries push through these challenging times and continue the Bunny Hop tradition in the years ahead. Here are several good things about a virtual race. You can:
- Run, jog or walk almost any place you choose--on the road, on a trail, on a treadmill, or on a track or even at another race,
- Run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself,
- Test your new gear or race snacks,
- Challenge yourself with a little faster pace in a quiet environment,
- Make this a fun family event --no parking, crowd or weather issues since you pick your own time and place,
- Bring your pets, they need exercise too,
- And you will have the satisfaction of validating your t-shirt and medal.
A very convenient and safe virtual course in Arlington’s Bluemont Park is suggested. It's the same course as for the Staggered Start race. A map and description of this certified course can be found below. And, OBTW, the second half is downhill! Additional certified courses in Arlington can be found at https: certifiedroadraces.com/search. Otherwise use any convenient place and measuring device to run 3.1 miles. This website will help you plan and measure your own course.
Staggered Start course and suggested Virtual course: